Overdraft and Overdraft Fees
Things you should know before consenting to Extended Coverage
An overdraft occurs when you do not have sufficient funds available in your account to cover a transaction, but the transaction is paid by Western Bank. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We include standard Overdraft Privilege on all eligible checking accounts. To find out if your account is eligible please inquire at one of our branches or by calling (877) 301-2262.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to another account, which may be less costly than our standard Overdraft Privilege protection. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
Overdraft Privilege Standard Coverage Features
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We will not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions without your consent.
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Western Bank pays my overdraft?
Under our standard coverage overdraft privilege:
- We will charge you a fee of up to $29.95 each time we pay an overdraft if your account is overdrawn more than $10.00.
- We will charge a fee of $10.00 if your account is overdrawn by $10.00 or less.
- If your account balance remains overdrawn for longer than one day, we will charge your account a daily Overdraft Interest Fee of 18% APR for each of the consecutive calendar days your account remains overdrawn, beginning on day 1. The daily Overdraft Interest Fee is an accrual that will be charged to your account at the end of the month.
- There is a $120.00 per day limit on the total overdraft/NSF fees we will charge on a consumer checking account. This limit does not apply to business accounts.
What if I want Western Bank to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, call (877) 301-2262, visit our website, email us at [email protected], complete the form located on this page and present it at a branch or mail it to:
P.O. Box 1051
Lubbock, TX 79408
You can revoke your authorization for Western Bank to pay these overdrafts at any time by any of the above methods. Your revocation must include both your name and your account number so that we can properly identify your account.